This unique, immersion exercise shapes leaders with lasting impact! This program combines experiential activity with strategic frameworks and a proven and fun methodology in order to provide leaders with practical tools to use once they are back at work.
This lasting impact makes the investment in the development of leaders pay off now and down the road.
Truly, it is the most painfully funny workshop participants are likely to ever experience! And the one with the biggest impact!
How it Works
The Organization Workshop gets to the heart of partnership in organization life – why partnership is critical to organizational success, what gets in the way of it developing and the role of leaders in making it happen. Here, participants are given a whole new lens for seeing, understanding and moving past the roadblocks to success. They will better understand patterns of relationships that get in the way of collaborating. Participants will “see” the organizational system differently, and options will be explored. They are dropped into roles as top executives, middle managers, workers and customers interacting in a fast-paced environment, experiencing situations that regularly occur in these positions. Very quickly it all becomes real–just like what they face day-to-day.
In combination with these engaging, high-energy activities, there are practical strategic frameworks based on the work of Barry Oshry. These frameworks help participants make sense of what they’re learning and enable them to connect to experiences in their own organizations. The application activities help keep the lessons alive once participants are back at work. This total immersion experience gets participants thinking in their heads and feeling it in the guts, producing a lasting impact that carries over to all the critical change and growth initiatives they are involved in.
Participants are dropped into an organization, some as Tops with overall responsibility for the organization, others as Bottoms (individual contributors), and others as Middle Managers. There are Customers and potential Customers with projects for the organization to work on and money to pay for services. There are time pressures, conflicting demands and priorities, unmet needs, confusing messages. In short, a familiar experience in today’s fast-paced, ever-changing world.
REFLECTION AND TRANSPARENCY
Periodically, the action is stopped, and all members – Tops, Middles, Bottoms, and Customers – come together to candidly share what they are experiencing. Each group describes what life is like for them in their part of the system. What issues and challenges are you dealing with? What feelings are you having? How are you experiencing other parts of the system? What’s helping? What’s hindering?
This experience is like turning the lights on in a dark room. People begin to see into one another’s worlds. Stories people have been creating begin to melt away and are replaced with empathy and a realistic understanding of one another’s worlds. These shifts set the stage for more productive partnerships.
Throughout the workshop, participants learn strategic frameworks for making sense of the experiences they are having. These frameworks and the system sight they provide help participants make connections between events in the organization exercise and life in their actual organizations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
People from all areas and levels of the organization can gain a great deal from the Organization Workshop. Some of the most common uses of the Organization Workshop are:
- Leader Development. Using targeted development initiatives that ensure effective leadership for the present and the future.
- Growth from the Middle. Creating stronger, more powerful and more effective middle managers capable of working independently and collaboratively with their peers.
- Leadership at all levels. Strengthening the capacity of an entire workforce to meet the increasing demands their organization faces today and in an uncertain future.
- Organizational Alignment. Creating clarity, mutual understanding, respect and collaboration across functional and business unit lines within an organization.
- Cultural Integration. Developing increased mutual respect and support among the various subcultures within an organization–whether by function, demographics or hierarchy.
- Conflict Management. Defusing hot-button issues within and across teams.
- Mission-Critical Programs. Bringing together key stakeholders to help them rapidly design and carry out immediate initiatives affecting the future of the business.
WHAT IS THE NEED
The purpose of The Organization Workshop is for participants to share an intense, interactive activity around human systems dynamics that engages them to examine:
- How partnership across boundaries (i.e., levels, functions, departments, organizations) increases productivity and overall satisfaction
- How misunderstanding and miscommunication happen across organizational lines and how to change that
- How their behaviors impact those around them
- How we reflexively fall into traps that inhibit our ability to integrate across the organization
- How the organization is viewed through the eyes of top executives, middle managers, individual contributors, and customers
- How they can interact more strategically and effectively with all levels in the organization
Throughout the workshop, participants learn strategic frameworks for making sense of the experiences they are having. These frameworks and the system sight they provide help participants make connections between events in the organization exercise and life in their back-home organizations.
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS LOVE ABOUT IT
Participants learn how to stop repeating the same, ineffective patterns that occur so frequently in organizations.
- Real world issues. The Organization Workshop deals with the world as participants know it. They recognize their own organizations in the events of the workshop which makes them more open to exploring What else is possible?
- Fun. The workshop generates profound learning and it is fun. People remember their experiences years later.
- The learning mix. The mix of techniques gives the workshop appeal to all learning types – whether you like theory, action, reflection or all three.
- Applicability. The insights and the concrete strategies for change are clear and immediately applicable.
- Create lasting solutions. The path to developing productive, innovative, and healthy organizations lies not in changing the players, but in helping people at all levels and in all positions, understand and master the systemic conditions they are in.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES
- More system-wide partnership. People will come away with greater commitment and methods for creating and maintaining satisfying and productive partnerships up, down, and across organizational lines.
- Empathy. People will come away with an appreciation for the difficult issues faced by people in other parts of the organization. Participants will see the path to using more emotional intelligence and being more strategic in their interactions with others.
- Self-awareness. People will come away with greater understanding of themselves in their multiple roles as Tops, Middles, Bottoms, and Customers. They will recognize their self-limiting behaviors in each role, and they will come away with concrete strategies for greater effectiveness in each role.
- A re-energized system. The workshop will re-energize organizations that have been running at full speed but still need to operate more effectively. The workshop helps maximize the potential of individuals, teams, and entire organizations.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22