Unlike the PMP® Certification Prep course which is primarily designed to help candidates pass the exam, this class is for project managers who want a comprehensive course covering all aspects of Risk Management. Participants are not required to register for the exam to attend this course. With your advanced skills in risk management, you perform a specialized function attuned to the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex. The PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® highlights your ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities. Gain and Maintain Your PMI-RMP:
- The certification exam has 115 multiple-choice questions and you have 2.5 hours to complete it.
- To maintain your PMI-RMP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in risk management topics every three years.
Prerequisites to Sit for the Exam:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent).
- At least 36 months spent in the specialized area of professional project risk management within the last five consecutive years
- 40 hours of project risk management education.
Prerequisites to Sit for the Exam:
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent).
- 3,000 hours of project risk management experience.
- At least 24 months spent in the specialized area of professional project risk management within the last five consecutive years
- 30 contact hours of formal education in the specialized area of project risk management
Prepare for the PMI® Risk Management Professional certification exam (PMI-RMP®) through this four day, instructor led course. This course offers an in-depth look at risk management through a PMI® perspective, and is delivered in a combination of lecture and hands-on learning format. In this course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to project risk and cover the five primary exam objectives:
- Risk Strategy and Planning
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Response
- Monitor and Close Risks
Familiarity with project management concepts and working experience with project management are required. Those who have earned the PMP® credential are at a specific advantage for earning their PMI-RMP®; however, being a PMP® is not a prerequisite for attending. Working knowledge of office productivity tools is desirable but not essential. Experience with a specific project management software tool is not required. Target Student: This course will benefit anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of managing risk, and will focus on those preparing for PMI’s® certification exam and obtaining the PMI-RMP® credential. The final day will end with a full length practice exam and question review.
Exam Description & Objectives
|PMI-RMP Exam Blueprint (From the Examination Content Outline)
|Percentage of Questions
|Domain 1—Risk Strategy and Planning (6 tasks)
|Domain 2—Risk Identification (4 tasks)
|Domain 3—Risk Analysis (3 tasks)
|Domain 4—Risk Response (2 tasks)
|Domain 5—Monitor and Control Risk (4 tasks)
Course Materials Included:
- PMI-RMP® Exam Prep Course Book; Practice Exam Questions
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website:www.nasbaregistry.org.