Research has proven that the best way to develop people is to identify the ways in which they most naturally think, feel, and behave and then build upon these elements to create strength, or the ability to provide consistent, strong performance in specific tasks and large-scale projects. The Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment serves as the foundation of any strengths-based culture, providing insight about how people can develop their talents into strengths, information managers need to understand, engage, and build upon their employees’ greatest talents, and knowledge leaders can use to create onboarding and development programs that speak directly to their employees’ most natural ways of thinking and behaving.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will gain knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to their individual work situations, as well as a vision of the powerful productivity possible in a team that recognizes and leverages all team members’ strengths.
Please Note! A requirement of this course is to purchase StrengthsFinders 2.0, which includes a code to complete a Strength-based personal assessment. You will need to print out your full results report and bring it on the day of the workshop as the focus of the course is to develop strategies to best utilize your Top 5 Strengths. The cost is $15. Follow this link for the Gallup Strengths Center Store and TOP 5 STRENGTHS ACCESS
- Provide an overview of strengths philosophy and positive psychology.
- Examine the four strength domains and the 34 themes that are categorized into each.
- Determine their KSAP’s (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics) and how they contribute to the process of identifying strengths.
- Distinguish the difference between talents and skills and understand the formula for taking advantage of natural talents and turning them into strengths.
- Determine how to compensate for limitations and fill in necessary gaps.
- Examine the characteristics of a productive, high-producing team.
- Determine how to use individual strengths to develop a functional and successful team.
- Understand the differences between engaged, disengaged, and highly disengaged employees and the cultures that produce each.
- Learn strategies to develop a culture of highly engaged employees.
- Examine the concept of strength-based leadership and learn how to serve as a catalyst of excellence and inspire others to perform at their optimum.
- Build a Strengths-Based Individual Development Plan.
Observable Behaviors to Watch For
- As a result of attending this workshop, people know what to expect from the learner; they will practice what they preach and enforce all policies and procedures and ensure that everyone is held to the same standards.
- The “Activator” will offer support to get things going, help others get out of analysis paralysis, partner with idea people. They will know when they are moving too fast for others, learn patience and take a breath
- The “Maximizer” will be curious with others about when they’re at their best – ask, observe, and listen – and then help them refine and improve. They will demonstrate an awareness of others not moving as fast and develop patience. The learner will communicate your intention of building on what’s working rather than fix what’s broken
- As a result of this workshop, learners will take a strengths-based approach and utilize the information of each team member:
- To align strengths with tasks
- When delegating
- In the problem-solving process
- During the hiring process
- During goal setting
- As part of succession planning
- Having attended this workshop, the learner will demonstrate an increase in the four most positive influences on their individual contributors: trust, compassion, stability, and hope.
Coaching Option for Workshop Attendees:
KSI offers one-on-one and team coaching for participants following the completion of the Strengths-based workshop to develop an individual plan for improvement and execution. The combination of training and coaching ensures that attendees will gain the greatest benefit from the experience, resulting in a higher level of overall success.
When applied in the right context and at the right time, research shows that coaching has a tremendous, exponential return on investment (ROI). Some instances where coaching has been used especially effectively:
- To accelerate the productivity in the first 90 days of an initial hire or a promotion.
- When targeting very specific skills (e.g., leadership, communication, effective management, managing major changes, conflict resolution, time management, etc.).
- To align executives’ performance with strategic objectives.
- To help highly valued, at-risk executives with fatal flaws (i.e., blind spots, Achilles’ heels).
- To leverage high-potential moments – When an executive on his or her own asks for help.
Coaching & Consulting Packages
Coaching for Individuals
Based on the individual’s Gallup’s Strengths Finder Assessment
- Identify opportunities for growth and success.
- Focus on identifying, developing and maximizing strengths.
- Overcome obstacles, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities.
- Build self-awareness and discover how others see and experience you.
- Determine how to use individual strengths within the context of others.
- Discover, develop and use individual strengths for greater well-being and productivity to achieve goals.
- Final Assessment of Engagement.
Coaching for Managers
Based on the Manager’s Gallup’s Strengths Finder Assessment:
- How to apply the greatest talents in your role as a manager and integrate your strengths to become a more effective leader.
- Determine techniques for using strengths-based development to address specific team member related issues and challenges.
- Identify and invest in team member’s unique talents and strengths to optimize performance.
- Educate how to use team member’s strengths within the context of each other and improve relationships.
- Setting expectations, motivating and develop team members.
Coaching & Consulting Team and Team Optimization
Based on team members’ Gallup’s Strengths Finder Assessment
- Observation of a series of team meetings and offer situational guidance.
- Interaction with team leader and team to create shared mission and purpose.
- Techniques the team leader can implement for using strengths-based development to address specific team-related issues and challenges.
- Build team awareness of each player’s contribution and requirements to maximize team performance.
- Creation of a team development and behavioral plan.
- Discover, develop and use the team’s unique talents and strengths for greater engagement and team productivity.
- Follow-up meetings with team and key individuals.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22