Click Here For More Information
Soft skills are at the forefront of required competencies in the workplace today; writing effectively and professionally is one of them. Yet, when surveyed, four out of five business professionals admit they are not strong in this area. Your writing style and level of accuracy adds to – or detracts from – your personal brand, so it is imperative that you learn what to do and what not to do when composing correspondence and documents.
During this interactive workshop, packed with invaluable tips and the ability to hone business writing skills, participants will learn how to be polished, poised, and on-target, representing themselves and their organizations in a highly professional manner. They’ll gain the ability to deliver the exact message they intend, tailored to the audience it’s intended for, with the exact results they need.
- Gain an appreciation of the importance of effective and accurate business writing.
- Know the C’s of writing and learn how to achieve all three in all business writing formats.
- Tailor a message to your audience.
- Review basic grammar and punctuation rules.
- Identify commonly misspelled and misused words.
- Incorporate creativity into business writing and remain professional.
- Identify the most common errors in business writing and how to avoid them.
- Recognize the parts and types of sentences and demonstrate competency in structuring them accurately.
- Recognize components and organization of paragraphs and demonstrate competency in constructing them accurately.
- Identify do’s and don’ts of writing emails.
- Review various business documents and the structure and components of each.
- Identify special writing circumstances and demonstrate writing competency in each.
- Use best proofreading practices.
- An appreciation of the importance of effective business writing
- The ability to be audience-centered when composing a message or document
- The ability to construct well-organized, accurate and effective sentences and paragraphs
- The ability to write creatively and professionally
- An understanding of common writing errors and how to avoid them
- Best practices when writing emails and various business documents
- The ability to address special circumstances with appropriate and accurate messages
- Competency in proofreading business correspondence and documents.
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced workshop facilitator.
- Experimental learning activities.
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes.
- Group exercises and discussions.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22