Click Here For More Information
Introduction to Collaborative Negotiations
- Define “negotiate” and the reason we negotiate.
- Define and contrast competitive vs. collaborative negotiations.
- Define positional bargaining vs. interest-based bargaining.
- Define the goals and objectives of a collaborative negotiation.
- Identify the stages of the negotiation process.
- Define and understand key terminology and concepts.
Collaborative Negotiations: The Basic Elements
- Describe 5 conflict resolution methods.
- Define the Basic Elements of a collaborative negotiation.
- Substantive vs. Relational issues.
- Identify the 3 people problems.
- Identify “interests” that define the problem.
- Identify best practices regarding the people and the problem.
The Human Factor
- How to effectively communicate to influence the other party.
- Understanding our strengths and challenges in a negotiation.
- How perception and perspective influence how we manage conflict.
- Other factors that impact how we react to and resolve conflict.
Barriers to Cooperation and Breakthrough Strategies
- Identify barriers to cooperation
- Identify and understand breakthrough strategies.
Wrap Up and Lessons Learned
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22