This course is offered by group request or onsite.
Microsoft® Word 2016 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. In this course, you’ll learn how to use Word 2016 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents.
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2016 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Navigate in Microsoft Word
Create and Save Word Documents
Manage Your Workspace
Preview and Print Documents
Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Apply Character Formatting
Control Paragraph Layout
Align Text Using Tabs
Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
Make Repetitive Edits
Apply Repetitive Formatting
Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
Sort a List
Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Table
|Insert a Table
Modify a Table
Format a Table
Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Apply a Page Border and Color
Add Headers and Footers
Control Page Layout
Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
Use Research Tools
Save a Document to Other Formats
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22