The Organization Workshop
Course Dates: Customized Group Training Class
Course Length: 1 day
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Course Level: Introductory
Course Fee: Call for corporate on-site training or group training at the Knowledge Source Inc. facility
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
This unique, immersion exercise shapes leaders with lasting impact! This program combines experiential activity with strategic frameworks and a proven and fun methodology in order to provide leaders with practical tools to use once they are back at work.
This lasting impact makes the investment in the development of leaders pay off now and down the road.
Truly, it is the most painfully funny workshop participants are likely to ever experience! And the one with the biggest impact!
The purpose of The Organization Workshop is for participants to share an intense, interactive activity around human systems dynamics that engages them to examine:
- How partnership across boundaries (i.e., levels, functions, departments, organizations) increases productivity and overall satisfaction
- How misunderstanding and miscommunication happen across organizational lines and how to change that
- How their behaviors impact those around them
- How we reflexively fall into traps that inhibit our ability to integrate across the organization
- How the organization is viewed through the eyes of top executives, middle managers, individual contributors, and customers
- How they can interact more strategically and effectively with all levels in the organization
The learning objectives include the following:
- To clarify participants’ roles as system leaders at whatever level or position they occupy
- To identify the issues and dilemmas people at all levels of the organization face, particularly during turbulent times, and their leadership roles in addressing them
- To develop actionable strategies for interacting more effectively with people at all levels, including with internal and external customers
- To identify how systems, despite our best intentions, become dysfunctional and to develop workable strategies for creating effective, robust systems
- To discover the benefits to the entire organization of integration with peers and the path to making it happen
Results participants can expect to come away with:
- A solid understanding of human systems dynamics – what powerful systems look like, what regularly gets in the way of their developing, and their roles as leaders in creating them
- A greater recognition of the issues others in the system face, thereby interacting with them in more constructive ways
- Strategies for developing powerful, productive partnerships up, down and across organizational lines, including with customers
- A roadmap for developing a strong cadre of peers in the middle and top
The methodology is a blend of experiential, reflective, theoretical and application activities.
- Experiential exercises are used in which an organization is created from the participant group with Tops (top executives), Middles (middle managers), Bottoms (individual contributors), and Customers. Each position takes on different responsibilities mirroring those in daily life. Not role plays, these exercises enable participants to experience the dilemmas Tops, Middles, Bottoms, and Customers experience daily. The strength lies in experiencing, not telling.
- The reflective time allows people to integrate the learning as it applies to them.
- The theoretical framework discussions put a human systems lens on people’s experiences, and provide a common language for dealing with organizational issues.
- The application activities enable participants to connect their learning to their back-home experiences and move forward in implementation.
This program is for:
- Cultivating future leaders
- Developing your middle managers
- General employee development
- Organizational alignment
- Cultural integration
- Conflict Management
- Mission-Critical Programs
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.