The Art of Persuasion
Open Enrollment Course Dates: 9/28
Course Length: 1 day
Advanced Preparation: None
Course Fee: $395
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Persuasion is not bad. It is a method of getting people to do what you want them to do by touching their emotions. You will learn how to persuade and how to identify persuasion around you. The Art of Persuasion is not a class in selling, though the techniques and tools discussed can be and are used to sell. It is not a class in getting people to do things against their will. The Art of Persuasion will give you an understanding of this powerful tool and a respect for its use.
- Define persuasion
- Identify persuasion in our daily life and work life
- Learn the difference between persuasion and argumentation
- Discover the basics of logic
- Understand how facts can carry an emotional charge
- Learn to read your audience and predict reactions to different techniques
- Determine when to use persuasion and when to refrain
- Develop persuasive cases that call people to action
- Learn the tools and techniques of persuasion
- Practice persuasion with role playing exercises
- Prepare and deliver a persuasive presentation
- Give and receive feedback on persuasive techniques.
- Learn the 6 fatal flaws of presentation prep
- Learn what to wear and what not to wear
- Develop a connection with your audience
- Develop your “back pocket” skills at improvisation
- Master the strong finish; know when you are done.