Project Management Fundamentals and Best Practices Applied
Open Enrollment Course Dates: TBA
Course Length: 2 days
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Course Fee: $795
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Cancellation Policy: 15 working days prior to class
In this workshop, we will walk you through the nuts and bolts of project management, from setting priorities to controlling expenses and reporting on the results. After completing this course, participants will find their projects are coming in faster, cheaper, AND on time and on budget!
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand what is meant by a project.
- Recognize what steps must be taken to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Have a better ability to sell ideas and make presentations to team members and stakeholders.
- Know simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking your project.
- Have methods for keeping the team focused and motivated.
- Recognize the importance of risk management in successful projects
In the days preceding this workshop, think of any project that has recently been assigned to you, or a project which you would like to suggest to your senior managers as a way of improving operations in your company. This will give you an opportunity to do some hands-on work on a project which has meaning to you and your organization.
Why a Project?
Projects are an essential feature of this training program for several reasons:
- Actual work situations add to the value of the training you will receive.
- Projects are the best way to demonstrate the real-life application and capability of the tools and techniques you will discuss during the workshop.
- Analysis of these projects by the group and facilitator results in better projects.
How Does This Fit Into the Workshop?
Each of you will give the facilitator a brief outline of a project you want to work on. It should be one that is either new or one that you have just started (not very far along in the conceptualization or pre-planning stage). Don’t try to bring something too complicated to work on. Samples of other projects participants have brought to the workshop include:
- product line renovation
- process improvements such as accounting, production, delivery, shipping, etc.
- customer service improvements
- Six Sigma improvement projects
- organizational change in structure/business models
Participants are encouraged to use the tools and techniques that are covered during the session as they plan their project. You may work in teams if you feel that is beneficial to completion of the project and you have someone willing to partner with you. Many organizations send small project teams or opt to have private classes with the whole project team.
Real Time Risk Simulator
- The class concludes with a fun/interactive game that engages the attendees in a simulation of real life risk management, while learning how risk, cost and schedule affect each other. Plotting earned value as the game proceeds provides the attendees with the information needed to determine if their project is headed for success or failure.
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.