Project Management for Functional Managers: Bridging the Gap Between Operations and Project Teams
Course Length: 2 days
PMI Activity ID# 000449
Course Fee: $895
Course Hours: 8:30-4:30
This must have course addresses a common gap between the functional manager of a project team and the actual project managers. The course explores the differences between Operations and Projects and how these differences affect the manner in which scope, schedule, cost and risk are approached in a project environment. The Functional Manager will gain insight into what documents can be expected from the project team and how to assess the quality of these documents.
Course Content Includes:
- Project Organization Structures, Strengths and Weaknesses
- Importance of Project Charter and Project Sponsor
- Project Scope Baseline and Scope Control
- The Elements of a Strong Schedule
- How Does the Budget Estimate Stack Up?
- Analyzing Project Risks