Lean Office Principles for Working Smarter Not Harder
Course Dates: 10/12, 12/5, 12/19
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Prerequisites/Advanced Knowledge: None
Course Level: Basic
Price: $395/single participant (call for group and/or on-site pricing)
CPE Hours: 8
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVES
This course provides an overview of Lean and will identify value added and non-‐value added activities within office environments. Lean concept and tools will be provided during the training and each attendee will be able to confidently identify and eliminate waste within workplace as well as deploy use of Lean Methodology and tools. The class will also equip attendees to provide ongoing efforts to improve processes on a continuous basis.
There is also a final exam requirement for certification. Exam is given at end of the day.
After completing this class, you should be able to do the following:
Identify and eliminate waste within the workplace and all its forms.
A Process is a Process is a Process
LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
This class will prepare attendees to become an effective member of a process improvement team and advance to Lean Six Sigma methodologies for engagement in Lean Six Sigma training including projects intended to help organizations perform better and improve on company’s bottom line.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND REQUIREMENTS
Lean Office Course – Knowledge Source, Inc.
Lean Principle Group courses provide content-‐on-‐demand to offer the highest degree for individual learning. As you work through the course you will be asked to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in three ways:
• Interactive exercises provided throughout each session to enhance learning skills and for immediate feedback. Coaching offered.
• Supplemental Tools will be presented at the end of every session to practice new concepts. Coaching offered during each session.
• Practice Exams will be conducted at the end of every session. Practice exams are interactive, and provide immediate feedback to maximize the learning loop (Lean Six Sigma specifics – OPTIONAL).
Lean Office certification will be awarded based on the following requirement: 95% attendance Successful completion of final exam (Score of 80% or better) Demonstration of body of knowledge as presented during class activities and assignments.
Materials Provided by Lean Principle Group
The course shall use industry approved Lean Tools and Microsoft® Office® templates for problem solving. The templates are available as downloads within the course material. Materials Provided by Student/Company
• General-‐purpose forms distributed during class time.
• OPTIONAL - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Office 2003 or higher is recommended. Office 97 and 2000 do not take advantage of all downloadable template features.
Ability to contact the Course Instructor by email for day days following training.