Leadership Skills for Project Managers
Course Length: 1 day
Advanced Preparation: None
Course Fee: $395
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Project Managers are leaders. Leadership Skills for Project Managers teaches you to maximize your leadership skills and maximize your effectiveness. Learn how to be an effective leader even when you aren’t always in charge. As project manager you are leading a project team, not leading the company. Learn the differences and be successful. Role play and situational learning will be used to improve your leadership skills.
- Learn the basic qualities of a leader
- Learn the differences between Leader and Manager and what it means to a Project Manager
- Learn to embrace the leadership role
- Understand that project managers are agents of change and how leadership plays an important role in change
- Identify the major obstacles to leaders today
- Learn the 6 mistakes that leaders make that lead to failure
- Learn how to frame a goal for your team and keep that goal in focus
- Identify your leadership qualities and how to enhance them
- Develop an understanding of quiet leadership
- Understand the principle of leading by example
- Develop a system for evaluating your stakeholder and team to determine your leadership strategy
- Develop a strategy of using leadership principles to manage projects
- Develop skills to lead a meeting of 10 to 20 people
- Learn to develop a leader attitude.