Getting What You Want: Negotiation, Persuasion and Decision Making
Course Length: 1 day
Advanced Preparation: None
Course Fee: $395
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:3o p.m.
Do you know what you want? Do you always get it? Improve your chances by improving your skills. Understand how persuasion works and how to make it work for you. Learn how to develop a negotiation plan, how to implement it and live with the results. How do you make decisions? Develop your skills at making better more informed decisions. Get what you want!
- Understand the special communications that happen in negotiations
- Learn the ten common mistakes in decision making
- Learn how to articulate what you want both spoken and written
- Develop a process for making decisions
- Identify the major methods of negotiation, their pros and cons
- Identify the six stumbling blocks to successful negotiations
- Learn to control your strategy when entering a negotiation
- Learn when to say no and when to say yes
- Develop a Decision Matrix methodology
- Understand how to weigh possible decisions and transform opinion into metrics
- Learn to manage emotions and use intellect without ignoring passion
- Learn the purpose of research before a negotiation and how to use it
- Learn to look and listen for loaded language in conversations, texts and emails
- Learn the difference between Argument and Persuasion
- Learn basic logic and how to use it
- Manage emotions when making decisions.