Advanced Certified Scrum Master Training (A-CSM®)
Course Dates: May 9-10 (on-site and group classes available)
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Price: $1,495 for individuals, $1,295 for three or more from the same organization
Instructor: Jim Schiel, CSM, CSPO, CEST, CST
- 2 Day A-CSM in-person class with a significant number of team exercises to test your knowledge and abilities
- Includes a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack provided on both days of training
- Includes a 200+ page Student Handbook
- 2 Year Membership to Scrum Alliance
- Online access to class materials even when they’re updated … forever!
- 10-20 hours of self-study including quizzes and forum discussion
- 16 hours of classroom work
- Up to 2 hours of one-on-one coaching
To enroll in the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster course, you must have a valid Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification and at least one year of practical experience as a ScrumMaster.
All Advanced CSM courses are taught by Educators approved by the Scrum Alliance. Taking an Advanced CSM course, meeting the 7 learning objectives, and accepting the license agreement designates you as an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster.Please review your trainer’s course description below to determine which learning objectives this course satisfies.
As a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ve been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You now understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey.
Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM℠) certification from Scrum Alliance®. The program is ideal for a Certified ScrumMaster who has one or more years of work experience in that role. Make no mistake, the Advanced CSM is NOT like the CSM! This rigorous program includes
- self-study time with recommended reading, videos, quizzes, and forum discussions with other students and the instructor.
- classroom time which is mostly hands-on simulations where you and your team have to solve common problems and learn from the other teams in the class.
- face-to-face time (including by Skype, Zoom, or phone) with the instructor where we will explore not only what you will want to do next to improve, but also what’s motivating you to take on the real challenge of team leadership as a ScrumMaster.
This course satisfies ALL of the learning objectives for the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster certification.
When you leave this course, how you see the ScrumMaster role will be changed forever.
Through the A-CSM program, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, by receiving the A-CSM certification, you will improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your team on the right track.
- Self-Study and Classroom time
- Agile Development and Scrum
- The Foundations of Scrum
- Team Dynamics
- Supporting the Product Owner
- Supporting the Development Team
- Technical Practices (self-study only)
- Scaling Scrum
- Dealing with Conflict and Resistance
- Servant Leadership
- Individual Coaching
- Career Motivation
- Next Step