Negotiation Skills: Creating a Win/Win Culture in Your Organization
Class dates: 12/28
Course Length: 1 day
Advanced Preparation: None
Course Fee: $395
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time. Through this workshop participants will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating.
This workshop will give your participants a sense of understanding their opponent and have the confidence to not settle for less than they feel is fair. Participants will learn that an atmosphere of respect is essential, as uneven negotiations could lead to problems in the future.
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else