The Foundation of Leadership
Open Enrollment Course Dates: TBA
Course Length: 1 day
Course Level: Introductory
Course Fee: $395
Leadership is not a position, it is a responsibility. All too often, employees are promoted into leadership based on their technical skills, not because they possess the knowledge, competencies and experience that are vital to leadership success. The consequences are often detrimental to an organization’s bottom line; decreased engagement, retention, productivity, and profitability.
In this highly interactive and engaging session, participants will gain the knowledge and ability to serve as a catalyst of success. They will have a clearer understanding of the foundation of leadership, as well as a deeper appreciation for the responsibility that is paramount to leading others. They will recognize the difference between leadership and management and why both are necessary, understand the competencies necessary for leadership effectiveness, be able to select the appropriate leadership style for a variety of situations and create a personal leadership identity and action plan to use moving forward.
- To recognize the importance of developing leadership competencies and mindset
- To understand the difference between management and leadership
- To become aware of the top characteristics and traits desired by employees in their leaders
- To understand the difference between fixed mindset vs. growth mindset and how it impacts leadership
- To become aware of the obstacles to leadership effectiveness and the impact each has on success
- To recognize the different facets of leadership responsibility
- To understand the different styles of leadership and the guidelines for utilizing them
- To create a personal leadership identity and action plan for future success
- The ability to determine when it is necessary to lead or manage
- Identified strategies to move from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- An understanding of the various facets of leadership responsibility and an awareness of which are areas in need of personal improvement
- An awareness of what serves as personal obstacles to leadership effectiveness
- The ability to set clear expectations for employees
- The ability to effectively praise and acknowledge others
- An understanding of the what, when and how of leadership styles
- A personal leadership identity and actions steps for development
This highly engaging session is facilitated by a Leadership Coach and Facilitator that incorporates thought provoking discussion, interactive activities, and both individual and group exercises. Each participant receives a workbook containing PowerPoint slides, handouts and templates for use post training.