Strengths-Based Leadership: Leveraging Personal and Team Strengths for Success
Course Dates: 12/6
Click here to pre-register for this course now!
Course Length: 1 Day
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Course Fee: $395
Course Times: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
Please Note! A requirement of this course is to purchase StrengthsFinders 2.0, which includes a code to complete a Strength-based personal assessment. You will need to print out your full results report and bring it on the day of the workshop as the focus of the course is to develop strategies to best utilize your Top 5 Strengths. The cost is $15. Follow this link for the Gallup Strengths Center Store and TOP 5 STRENGTHS ACCESS
Research has proven that the best way to develop people is to identify the ways in which they most naturally think, feel and behave and then build upon these elements to create strength, or the ability to provide consistent, strong performance in specific tasks and large scale projects. The Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment serves as the foundation of any strengths-based culture, providing insight about how people can develop their talents into strengths, information managers need to understand, engage, and build upon their employees’ greatest talents, and knowledge leaders can use to create onboarding and development programs that speak directly to their employees’ most natural ways of thinking and behaving.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will gain the knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to their individual work situations, as well as a vision of the powerful productivity possible in a team that recognizes and leverages all team members’ strengths.
- To provide an overview of strengths philosophy and positive psychology
- To examine the four strength domains and the 34 themes that are categorized into each
- To determine their KSAP’s (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics) and how they contribute to the process of identifying strengths
- To distinguish the difference between talents and skills and understand the formula for taking advantage of natural talents and turning them into strengths
- To determine how to compensate for limitations and fill in necessary gaps
- To examine the characteristics of a productive, high producing team
- To determine how to use individual strengths to develop a functional and successful team
- To understand the differences between engaged, disengaged and highly disengaged employees and the cultures that produce each
- To learn strategies to develop a culture of highly engaged employees
- To examine the concept of strength-based leadership and learn how to serve as a catalyst of excellence and inspire others to perform at their optimum
- To build a Strengths-Based Individual Development Plan
- Completion of a personal Strengthsfinder assessment
- An understanding of the value of relying on strengths
- Tools to identify, develop, and communicate personal strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to build on personal Top 5 Strengths to benefit the individual, team, and organization
- An understanding of employee engagement and strategies to develop a culture of highly engaged employees
- A Strengths-based Individual Development Plan
This highly engaging and interactive workshop includes education, application exercises, group interaction, and class discussions. They will receive a personalized assessment report, as well as a collection of templates and tools to guide them during and after the session. At the conclusion, participants will be well prepared to utilize their strengths to achieve individual, team, and organizational success.
Coaching Option for Workshop Attendees:
KSI offers one-on-one and team coaching for participants following the completion of the Strengths-based workshop to develop an individual plan for improvement and execution. The combination of training and coaching ensures that attendees will gain the greatest benefit from the experience, resulting in a higher level of overall success.
When applied in the right context and at the right time, research shows that coaching has a tremendous, exponential return on investment (ROI). Some instances where coaching has been used especially effectively:
- To accelerate the productivity in the first 90 days of an initial hire or a promotion
- When targeting very specific skills (e.g., leadership, communication, effective management, managing major changes, conflict resolution, time management, etc.)
- To align executives’ performance with strategic objectives
- To help highly valued, at-risk executives with fatal flaws (i.e., blind spots, Achilles’ heels)
- To leverage high-potential moments – When an executive on his or her own asks for help
Coaching & Consulting Packages
Coaching for Individuals
Based on the individual’s Gallup’s Strengths Finder Assessment
- Identify opportunities for growth and success
- Focus on identifying, developing and maximizing strengths
- Overcome obstacles, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities
- Build self-awareness and discover how others see and experience you
- Determine how to use individual strengths within the context of others.
- Discover, develop and use individual strengths for greater well-being and productivity to achieve goals
- Final Assessment of Engagement
Coaching for Managers
Based on the Manager’s Gallup’s Strengths Finder Assessment:
- How to apply the greatest talents in your role as a manager and integrate your strengths to become a more effective leader
- Determine techniques for using strengths-based development to address specific team member related issues and challenges
- Identify and invest in team member’s unique talents and strengths to optimize performance
- Educate how to use team member’s strengths within the context of each other and improve relationships
- Setting expectations, motivating and develop team members
Coaching & Consulting Team and Team Optimization
Based on team members’ Gallup’s Strengths Finder Assessment
- Observation of a series of team meetings and offer situational guidance
- Interaction with team leader and team to create shared mission and purpose
- Techniques the team leader can implement for using strengths-based development to address specific team-related issues and challenges
- Build team awareness of each player’s contribution and requirements to maximize team performance
- Creation of a team development and behavioral plan
- Discover, develop and use the team’s unique talents and strengths for greater engagement and team productivity
- Follow-up meetings with team and key individuals
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.