Presenting a Polished Message with Poise, Power, and Persuasion
Course Dates: 11/1/18
Course Length: 1 day
Course Level: Introductory
Course Fee: $395
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
Public speaking skills are critical to professional success and the ability to do so gives you a competitive edge among your peers and competitors. To be an engaging, persuasive, and effective presenter, once must overcome the universal fear of standing in front of any audience and delivering a message. They must know how to connect with their audience by grabbing their attention from the start, tailoring their message, establishing credibility, and utilizing effective communication skills from start to finish.
In this highly engaging and interactive workshop, participants will gain the skills necessary to deliver impactful presentations that influence people to action. Through application activities, skills training, and group discussion, they will learn invaluable techniques to turn every presentation into a rewarding experience.
- To introduce a Model of Communication and explain the purpose and role of each component
- To understand the purpose of an audience analysis, introduce each component, and the methods of completing the process
- To gain an awareness of the barriers to communicating effectively
- To learn how to establish credibility before, during, and after your presentation
- To introduce the components of an introduction, the purpose of each and the various methods of utilization
- To learn how utilize language and verbal messages that enhances your speech
- To learn how to tailor a message to an audience so it’s relevant to them and their lives.
- To understand how non-verbal communication can both enhance, and deter from, your presentation
- To present various methods to overcome nervousness and have a powerful presence in front of an audience
- To introduce visual tools and support to enhance your presentation and learn the correct way to create and utilize them
- An understanding of the components of a Model of Communication and the role of each
- An understanding of the purpose of conducting an audience analysis and the ability to complete the process
- The ability to establish credibility with your audience
- A thorough understanding of the components of an introduction and the ability to create one that will grab an audience’s attention and entice them to be fully engaged in the remainder of your speech
- The ability to use verbal and nonverbal communication skills that will enhance the success of your presentation
- The ability to tailor messages that are relevant to your audience
- Knowledge of the various visual tools and support available to enhance your presentation and how to incorporate them effectively
- The ability to keep your nervousness in check before, during, and after your presentation
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced workshop facilitator
- Experimental learning activities
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes
- Group exercises and discussions
- Role-playing sessions that allow participants to put theory into practice