The Art of Delegation: Using the Power of People to Increase Productivity
Course Length: 1 day
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Prerequisites/Advanced Preparation: None
Course Level: Basic
Course Fee: $395/single participant (call for group and/or on-site pricing)
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
PDUs: 7.5/PDHs 7.5/PDCs: 7.5
As organizations and teams become more complex, roles and responsibilities are often less defined and there are numerous areas of potential difficulty, confusion and conflict. As a result, the need for effective delegation is more important than ever.
Despite an understanding and appreciation of the value of the process, many are challenged by a variety of obstacles when attempting to initiate and manage delegating tasks and projects.
At the completion of the workshop, participants will gain the ability to achieve more, empower others, and meet organizational standards and initiatives. They will also overcome existing inhibitions they have about delegation, and demonstrate the ability to follow specific steps that make assignments clear, instill a sense of accountability in others, while maintaining control over tasks and projects that are ultimately under their jurisdiction
- To understand the purpose of delegation
- To recognize the benefits of delegating tasks and projects
- To uncover the most common reasons people are challenged by the delegation process
- To determine personal delegation inhibitions and obstacles
- To identify methods by which delegation can be planned, conducted and reviewed
- To determine which tasks and projects can and should be delegated and who is the right person for the job
- To understand the different levels of authority in the delegation process
- To examine the communication skills that are essential to effective delegation
- To learn how to provide feedback and coach others during the delegation debriefing process
- To examine a delegation matrix and learn how to utilize it in the process
- An understanding of the hindrances of delegation and how to overcome them
- An awareness of personal delegation obstacles and how to overcome them
- A working knowledge of how to delegate tasks and projects
- An ability to select the right tasks and projects to be delegated as well as the appropriate individuals for each
- An ability to demonstrate effective delegation skills
- An ability to utilize effective communication skills in the delegation process: providing clear directives, active listening, posing probing questions, and providing positive and constructive feedback
- A delegation template to use when delegating tasks and projects
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced delegation workshop facilitator
- Experimental learning activities
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes
- Group exercises and discussions
- Role-playing sessions that allow participants to put theory into practice
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.