Soft Skills for Success: Adding Value and Quality to Your Personal Toolbox
Course Dates: TBA
Course Length: 1 day
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Prerequisites/Advanced Preparation: None
Course Level: Basic
Course Fee: $395/single participant (call for group and/or on-site pricing)
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
PDUs: 7.5/PDHs 7.5/PDCs: 7.5
It is no longer enough to be a functional or technical expert; to complement these core competencies, there are a number of soft skills – personal qualities, habits, attitudes, and social graces – that companies are now wanting their employees to have in order to be considered valuable. As a result, it is imperative that individuals become verse in and gain the ability to demonstrate these designated skills so they can meet and exceed employer expectations.
This workshop is designed for those who want to identify effective ways to practice and perfect soft skills to increase overall competency as they enter in to or further their career. It provides participants an orientation and practice opportunities on what have been defined as the “Top 11 Soft Skills” needed for success in the workplace. By participating in application exercises, interactive discussions, and completing a soft skills personal assessment, participants will learn techniques and methods to develop and demonstrate their soft skills so they can implement their new found knowledge and abilities in all facets of their lives.
- To distinguish the difference between soft skills and hard skills
- To gain an appreciation of the value of soft skills in the workplace
- To understand the broad application of soft skills in all areas of our life
- To become aware of the Top 11 Soft Skills that are necessary for personal and professional success
- To complete a Soft Skills Competency Assessment
- To determine the soft skills that are areas of strengths and learn how to best utilize them
- To determine situations and contexts in which soft skills are imperative
- To determine areas in need of improvement and develop methods and strategies to increase competency
- To demonstrate the ability to use soft skills
- To create a Personal Soft Skills Development Plan
- An understanding of the difference between hard skills and soft skills
- An awareness of how soft skills are applicable in all areas of life based on the 5 W’s – who, what, where, why, and when
- Knowledge of the Top 11 Soft Skills needed for success
- The completion of a Soft Skills Competency Assessment
- An awareness of personal soft skill strengths and areas for improvement
- Methods and strategies to build and implement soft skills in both personal and professional situations and contexts
- Demonstration of soft skills
- A Personal Soft Skills Development Plan
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced workshop facilitator
- Experimental learning activities
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes
- Group exercises and discussions
- Role-playing sessions that allow participants to put theory into practice
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.