Building Resilience: Strength for Life
Course Dates: 12/12
Course Length: 1 day
Course Level: Introductory
Course Fee: $395/single participant (call for group and/or on-site pricing)
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
What makes some people better able to face adversity, manage everyday stress, remain mentally strong, and rebound from setbacks than others? They understand the concept of resilience and have developed and implemented strategies that enable them, in the face of difficulty, to retain flexible cognitive, behavioral and emotional responses. In a constantly-changing, fast-paced, and high-energy environment, which is common in the workplace today, it is critical for professionals to understand the skills and abilities necessary to be resilient and employ strategies that will lead to enduring success.
This highly interactive and engaging workshop is designed to promote participants to be the best they can be – to educate and train them how to anticipate, face, and manage the expected, and unexpected, challenges in both their personal and professional lives. At the conclusion, they will have a developed plan to build long-term resilience, centered on staying calm, mentally strong, focused and productive under pressure, during adversity, and while experiencing change.
- To acquire a clear understanding of resilience and why it is important to achieve personal and professional success
- To introduce the principles of resilience
- To determine the difference between pressure and stress and understand how both affect one’s ability to be resilient
- To understand the significance of a strong mind, learn how to be mentally strong, and determine strategies to develop one for long-term excellence
- To learn the thinking errors that can erode resilience
- To understand the role emotions play in one’s ability to be resilient
- To appreciate the importance of flexibility and adaptability and how to demonstrate both in the workplace
- To develop strategies to increase personal resilience and learn how to utilize them during times of adversity and change
- The completion of a personal assessment, resulting in an awareness of resilience strengths and areas in need of improvement
- The ability to remain task focused and productive during adversity and change
- A stronger and more resourceful self
- The ability to manage stress and thrive under pressure
- The ability to address uncertainty and resistance, build trust, ultimately build better and stronger teams.
- Strategies to overcome stress, achieve personal goals and change negative thinking
- An increased ability to cope with normal difficulties, stress, disappointments, and hardships
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced resilience workshop facilitator
- Experimental learning activities
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes
- Group exercises and discussions
- Role-playing sessions that allow participants to put theory into practice