Microsoft® Word 2016/365 Level I
Course Length: 1 day
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Course Fee: $345
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. -4:15 p.m.
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2016 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
Topic D: Edit Documents
Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
Topic F: Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
Topic C: Control Page Layout
Topic D: Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
Topic B: Use Research Tools
Topic C: Check Accessibility
Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats