Microsoft® Visio® 2013: Level 1
Course Length: 1 day
Prerequisites: Familiarity with the Windows operating system.
Course Level: Beginner
Course Fee: $395
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Course Objective: You will design and manage basic diagrams, workflow, and flowcharts.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who have an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- become familiar with the Visio interface and create a basic Visio document.
- create a route map by using Visio features to work with shapes and text.
- modify, format, and arrange shapes to enhance a basic diagram.
- create process diagrams.
- represent an organization hierarchy as a Visio diagram.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio 2013
- Topic 1A: Explore the Visio Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Visio Interface
- Topic 1C: Create a New Diagram
Lesson 2: Creating a Route Map
- Topic 2A: Add Shapes to a Diagram
- Topic 2B: Manipulate Shapes
- Topic 2C: Add Text
- Topic 2D: Format Text
- Topic 2E: Change the Stacking Order
Lesson 3: Modifying Diagram Shapes
- Topic 3A: Manage Shapes
- Topic 3B: Format Shapes
Lesson 4: Creating Process Diagrams
- Topic 4A: Create a Flowchart
- Topic 4B: Apply Page Styles
- Topic 4C: Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Topic 4D: Create a Workflow Diagram
Lesson 5: Representing an Organization Hierarchy
- Topic 5A: Create an Organization Chart
- Topic 5B: Modify an Organization Chart