Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt: Working Smarter Not Harder
Course Dates: TBA
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Prerequisites/Advanced Knowledge: None
Course Level: Basic
Price: $695/single participant (call for group and/or on-site pricing)
CPE Hours: 16
Note: This outline is designed for industries such as Financial Services, Healthcare, Non-‐ Profits, Institutions of Higher Learning and Customer Service. The specifics for each course shall come from case studies, examples and in-‐class exercises with group interactions (Optional). Eliminate or Reduce Waste, Improve Organization Bottom and Customer Satisfaction for the Lean Office.
This course provides an overview of Lean Six Sigma concepts and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control process, along with a group of basic problem-solving tools. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is comprised of two sessions, with lessons on specific topics within each session. The first session provides an overview of Lean Six Sigma concepts, background, and the Six Sigma improvement process (D-M-A-I-C). The second session will show you how to develop and apply specific Lean Six Sigma tools and methods to arrive at a solution to a business challenge -‐ to make things better and continuous improvement.
Session One is designed so that you can cover individual lessons over a period of time. You will learn how to apply continuous improvement project selection and team chartering skills. Training requirement -‐ you work on an actual project while taking the course. The time required to complete project is based on the nature of your project and the time required to resolve project-‐specific issues while completing this class.
Additional 30 days is allowed for completion of the project and certification. There is also a final exam requirement for certification. Exam is given at end of day two.
As you become proficient with the tools necessary to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control Six Sigma improvement projects, you will be prepared to play an important role as part of a Six Sigma improvement team.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
This class will help in becoming an effective member of a process improvement team engaged in a Lean Six Sigma projects intended to help your organization perform better and improve on company’s bottom line.
After completing this class, you should be able to do the following:
Session One: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma and Process Improvement Tools (Define and Measure)
- Accept the need to improve company performance to meet the requirements of industry specifics for excellence in service and delivery, which improves customer service
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business objective and strategic plans.
- Identify your specific work as a process, with specific inputs that determine the quality and quantity of
- Calculate the Sigma Level for a process or organization. (Optional)
- Use the Five Step D-M-A-I-C model to improve processes.
Session Two: Tools for Improvement -‐ Analyze, Improve, Control
- Participate in the development and implementation of a project
- Create a Process Map that identifies all of the steps of a process, along with the inputs and
- Use an Affinity Diagram to clarify customer requirements. (Optional)
- Construct a Histogram to analyze the data from a process. (Optional)
- Create a Fishbone Diagram (Cause & Effect) to identify potential root
- Identify the root cause of a problem by asking “Why?” five
- Engage in Brainstorming to identify actions for improvement.
- Select the best solution.
- Document process changes and use a control plan to prevent backsliding (Future State Analysis).
COURSE STRUCTURE AND REQUIREMENTS
Lean Principle Group courses provide content-‐on-‐demand to offer the highest degree for individual learning. As you work through the course you will be asked to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in four ways:
- Interactive exercises provided throughout each session to enhance learning skills and for immediate feedback. Coaching
- Supplemental Tools will be presented at the end of every session to practice new concepts. Coaching offered during each
- Practice Exams will be conducted at the end of every session. Practice exams are interactive, and provide immediate feedback to maximize the learning loop.
- Continuous Improvement Project: A real-world project should accompany this coursework. Learning experience is enhanced significantly when concepts and tools are practiced on a real-world project as the course is completed. When possible, project experience may be accomplished by participating other improvement projects with a Black Belt or Green Belt project team member, or you may elect to work on a smaller project within your own scope of
Lean Six Sigma Belt certification will be awarded based on the following requirement:
Successful completion of final exam (Score of 80% or better)
Project Work Completion using 3-‐4 Improvement Tools (Use of a PowerPoint)
Materials Provided by Lean Principle Group
The course shall use Microsoft® Excel® templates for problem solving and statistical analysis. The templates are available as downloads within the course material.
- Use the on-‐screen Help feature for a glossary of terms and site search.
- You can also contact the Course Instructor by email.