Real World Agile and Scrum for Teams
Course Length: 3 Days
Course Fee: $2,195
Group class requires a minimum of 8 participants
10-15 participants, 20% discount ($1,756/participant)
16 -24 (max) participants, 30% discount ($1,536.50/participant)
This is not your typical Agile and Scrum 101 course. This course is designed to spend 25% of the time on “What” and “Why” behind Agile and Scrum and 75% on “HOW” you can actually start using it with your team tomorrow! This is TEAM training so ALL roles (including the Business Product Owners) should attend! If you’re interested in learning real world techniques used by dozens of teams then this course is for you! We walk you through an end-to-end lifecycle Agile project journey from Release Planning all the way to Production Release using a sample project or YOUR own.
There is a cost to learning Agile and Scrum by trial and error or simply reading a book, and many other courses focus almost entirely on What and Why with little coverage of actual HOW-TO techniques. Our instructor shares how small, medium and Fortune 500 companies have applied Agile in real world projects along with many Tips, Tricks and Best Practices!
Why This Course?
- This course is designed with 60% interactive group workshops!
- You will practice all the core Scrum practices end-to-end.
- You will learn real world creative techniques for estimating, story identification and prioritization that our real world practitioners use on their projects!
- We use an end to end example project scenario for maximum learning retention!
- For private courses, we can use YOUR company project as our sample.
- You walk away with valuable course material, handouts, resources and cheat sheets that will support you on your projects.
What You’ll Learn
- Why Agile? A background into its evolution.
- The Agile values and principles
- What is Scrum? What are the Roles? What is the Process?
- Compare and Contrast Agile and Scrum roles to traditional roles and responsibilities.
- The Agile Lifecycle – Big Picture
- Planning your Release and building the backlog
- Identifying and writing good stories
- Methods for prioritizing and sizing stories
- Sprint 0 – The critical one!
- Sprint Planning and task estimating
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review and retrospective
- The pre-release sprint
- Why Agile and Scrum are Adopted
- How Agile can fail!
13 Group Workshops Included!
- Workshop 1 – Learning Objectives
- Workshop 2 – Agile vs. Traditional Roles
- Workshop 3 – Agile and YOUR Organization
- Workshop 4 – Building the Story Backlog with User Stories
- Workshop 5 – Prioritize the Stories
- Workshop 6 – Sizing Complexity
- Workshop 7 – Estimating Initial Velocity
- Workshop 8 – Building a Release Plan
- Workshop 9 – Sprint 0
- Workshop 10 – The 59 Minute Scrum
- Workshop 11 – The Daily Scrum Dysfunctions
- Workshop 12 – Your Course Action Items
- Workshop 13 – Final Retrospective