Business Writing Skills: Think Before You Write
Open Enrollment Course Dates: 10/22
Course Length: 1 day
Delivery: Instructor Led/Group Live
Prerequisites/Advanced Preparation: None
Course Level: Basic
Course Fee: $395/single participant (call for group and/or on-site pricing)
Course Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Recommended CPE: 8 hours
PDUs: 7.5/PDHs 7.5/PDCs: 7.5
Soft skills are at the forefront of required competencies in the workplace today; writing effectively and professionally is one of them. Yet, when surveyed, four out of five business professionals admit they are not strong in this area. Your writing style and level of accuracy adds to – or detracts from – your personal brand, so it is imperative that you learn what to do and what not to do when composing correspondence and documents.
During this interactive workshop, packed with invaluable tips and the ability to hone business writing skills, participants will learn how to be polished, poised, and on-target, representing themselves and their organizations in a highly professional manner. They’ll gain the ability to deliver the exact message they intend, tailored to the audience it’s intended for, with the exact results they need.
- To gain an appreciation of the importance of effective and accurate business writing
- To learn the elements of business writing
- To learn and adhere to the principles of business writing
- To learn how to tailor a message to your audience
- To review basic grammar and punctuation rules
- To identify commonly misspelled and misused words
- To learn methods to create clear and concise messages
- To understand the four Communication Styles and strategies to communicate best with each
- To learn the most common errors in business writing and how to avoid them
- To learn the do’s and don’ts of writing emails
- To identify special writing circumstances and demonstrate writing competency in each
- To learn best proofreading practices
- An appreciation of the importance of effective business writing
- The ability to be audience-centered when composing a message or document
- The ability to construct well-organized, accurate and effective sentences and paragraphs
- The ability to demonstrate clarity and conciseness in various forms of business writing
- An understanding of common writing errors and how to avoid them
- Best practices when writing emails and various business documents
- The ability to address special circumstances with appropriate and accurate messages
- Competency in proofreading business correspondence and documents
- Education and training provided by a knowledgeable and experienced workshop facilitator
- Experimental learning activities
- Application exercises that will lead to a deeper understanding of the concepts and potential outcomes
- Group exercises and discussions
Cancellation Policy: 5 working days for full refund. Cancellations after that time are charged full tuition for the course.
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 919-878-7100 ext. 22
Knowledge Source Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website:www.nasbaregistry.org.